Thursday, September 28, 2006

Japanese Music CD

I was once a fan of them. I bought every original piece of my favourite Jpop group despite being a poor National Service man... earning a meagre pay of 300 bucks/mth.
Every piece of Jpop Original CD cost as much as $48 bucks when I first started listening to them. Yes, I spent that amount of money.... every month... sometimes, i dun buy just one piece but a few.... wow... that really adds up a a few hundred bucks per month... and I had got only 300 per month??? holy cow....

Although AVEX taiwan does debut asia version which cost significantly lower, I didnt wanna go for them. This is because their packaging SUX as compared to original japanese version. When I listen to the Asia version, somehow or rather, I would feel that it dun sound just as nice... *My mind playing trick??*

I would collect every single album and single of my favorite jpop group. Even though the songs in the singles eventually will make their debut in the albums. Well, for a nerd,.. this seems like something that I wouldnt do,.. haha.... but I did anyway. Well, on top of listening to the songs, it came with idolizing all the pretty Japanese zha bor, this means collecting posters lar, MTV clips lar, cards lar.. blah blah.... and even learning to sing their songs... Erm, for the last point, I realised even if my voice din sux, I still dont think I can pull it off singing any of their songs, thats unless my voice can be damn zha bor/aqua? and yet nice....

Anyway, the album at HMV later rose to $68 per piece, thats when I stopped buying any original japanese album. And unfortunately, Jap songs in Mp3 are also scarced.... which means that I had to give up listening to most songs... The final blow came, when my favourite group, MAX, disbanded. Ok, they din disband, the female main vocal went to bear baby,... wah.. seh.... favourite popstar zha bor married liao... heart broken sia..... So the company found a replacement to keep the group going, but without her, their album cannot sell.... thats the end..

Today, I no longer know any Jpop singers except for those that are still there from the past, eg ayumi hamasaki, matsu takako... Somehow, local music stores has also limit their buying of jpop albums even from avex asia. Although, buying original are always advocated by all the music co, but sometimes, I just think that the prices are too ridiculous to substain a hobby like that. I will rather give it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home